Are you an adult with crooked or crowded teeth? You may need adult orthodontics in Brookeland, TX. The team at Rayburn General Dentistry can help you determine whether adult orthodontics are a good option for you. We’ve got effective tools that can help you achieve the look you’ve always wanted for your smile. When you come into our office, here’s what you’re likely to learn about straightening your teeth.
Adult Teeth Straightening Options
If you’re an adult seeking to get your teeth straightened, your dentist may recommend a variety of solutions. Below are some of the options:
- Braces. Braces are made up of wires and brackets that are professionally adhered to the teeth. The wires are periodically adjusted and pull the teeth into place. Braces come in a variety of colors, including tooth colored ceramic braces.
- Aligners. Clear aligners are made of clear plastic. The arch fits over the teeth and gently moves the teeth into the correct position. Because they’re made of clear plastic, aligners are difficult to see.
Which Option Is Right for You?
If your dentist gives you a choice between braces and aligners, you may be left considering the pros and cons of each. Braces are a budget-friendly option, but also highly visible. Braces can be a challenge to clean, and can’t be worn when chewing certain foods. Anyone wearing braces will be prevented from eating foods that can get caught in or break their braces.
Meanwhile, aligners are subtle and easy to remove. They can be taken off for meals and cleanings, which means that people wearing clear aligners can continue to eat whatever foods they want. Clear aligners are very difficult to see, and are thus preferred by many adults.
Benefits of Straightening Your Teeth
Why get your teeth straightened?
- Increased confidence when smiling
- Straighter teeth are easier to clean and maintain
- Straightening your teeth can prevent extra wear and tear on the tooth enamel
- Getting your teeth straightened reduces your chances of getting cavities
Interested? Contact Your Dentist to Get Started
If you’re interested in straightening your teeth, then contact your dentist in Brookeland TX to find out more about braces and aligners. Call Rayburn General Dentistry today.